Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back to the Bucket List

It's been a while since I looked at a few more items from The Baseball Fan's Bucket List. Let's check out three more.

159. Visit Bowman Field: Bowman Field is in Williamsport, PA and is the home of the Williamsport Crosscutters, the Phillies affiliate in the NY-Penn League. Built in 1926, Bowman Field is one of the oldest minor league ballparks around. Williamsport may be more famous for being the site of the Little League World Series, but I would certainly like to see a ballgame at Bowman Field someday.

158. Visit the Sports Museum of Los Angeles: According to the book there are some good artifacts here (baseballs from Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak, some Brooklyn Dodgers stuff). I can't say it would be at the top of my list if I was out in LA (Disneyland, Dodger Stadium and Angels Stadium would be there), but I would certainly check it out if I had the time.

157. Attend a Negro Leagues Day celebration and game: I find the Negro Leagues to be a fascinating topic, so I would love to go to one of these events someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment